Your Passport 2 Grow – changing the lives of young people
Young people need to develop academic and strong life skills
Employers want work-ready young people with Can-Do attitudes
Business leaders globally are experiencing a growing gap between work expectations and job seekers’ abilities. The biggest gap is in personal development skills, often referred to as soft or life skills, that are key to developing future leaders in business and government.
Over several years Neville Gaunt, CEO of Mind Fit and his team, have used their programs for young people attitude development. Students from 16-25 years from school and university to long-term unemployed and homeless have gained from experiencing the Mind Fit Program. Now, because of advances in online technology designed by KnowledgeNow, we have developed YP2G as an online study program, turning E-Learning into E-Doing.
Neville Gaunt is an internationally experienced Finance professional at corporate and operational levels, a social entrepreneur and has 12 years experience in school governance.
YP2G Purpose: to help young people develop the right attitude and skills to improve their employability
By engaging and developing young people that are more qualified and a better prepared work force, we will improve and accelerate the performance of the Pakistan economy.
Employability Skills can be defined as the transferable skills needed by a person to make them ’employable’. Along with good technical understanding and subject knowledge, employers often outline a set of soft skills that they want from an employee. These skills are what they believe will equip the employee to carry out their role to the best of their ability. Employability depends on your knowledge, skills and attitudes, how you use those assets, and how you present them to employers.
Problem: Young people gain some skills and academic qualifications from the education system, however many employability skills are not taught or developed.
How YP2G helps: A digital, user-friendly solution for the student or any job seeker that:
- Creates and stores a personal profile, including academic and personal achievements
- Identifies skills and skills gaps and how to close the gaps
- Assesses current abilities by the “Ten Skills Quiz” generated on a researched based scenarios and consequences format that supplements identified Ten Skills from STEM (STEAM) Research methodology. Each of the “Ten Skills Quiz” is followed by development activities
- Develops personal ‘Can-Do’ attitudes and reduces Behavioural Waste – “The Brand of Me – Mindfit Mindset”
- Develops business acumen by the “3 Keys to Success” – Mindfit Mindset, Money Management, Marketing Mastery
- Helps create better CVs and interview techniques
- Creates a membership network of support, networking and mentoring
By using digital solutions we will help employers get the best people available. Employers will be able to look beyond a CV and view the complete applicant profile, their abilities in the form of assessed skill sets, achievements and attitude. Our Sponsors will be given priority privileges when recruiting.
Our Audience is Your Customer:
- Focus: Youth of Pakistan targeting 18 to 30 years of age
Mix: Students, Corporate Professionals, Academia and Job Seekers